Saturday, May 7, 2011

One of the places I have been lucky to run into celebrities is New York City. While I have gone to NYC a few times specifically to see celebrities in Broadway productions, some my best run-ins were completely unexpected. On one trip to the concrete jungle where dreams are made of, I noticed a small crowd gathering outside the entrance to the Lion King while in line getting tickets to a show later that night. I, always on the lookout for celebrities, immediately walked over to check it out. Sure enough, the stars of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants were upstairs filming TRL (RIP). While the Sisterhood movies are a tad corny, I am a huge fan of Blake Lively so I quickly joined the crowd and anxiously waited with my camera in one hand and a sheet of paper in the other for signatures. Sure enough, they stars arrived...where there are black escalades with tinted windows, there are often celebrities. Amber Tamblyn, America Ferrera, and Alexis Bledel all came down first.Amber and America went right to their SUVs with their heads down. Alexis looked and waived but seemed to be very timid.
And then Blake! Just as I imagined, not only was she gorgeous but she was extremely sweet and outgoing. She first stopped and posed for the photogs before heading to her SUV.
At that point, although I would have liked a signature or photo, I was extremely satisfied with this unexpected encounter. But to my surprise, Blake went to her SUV, put down her purse, before heading back to her fans awaiting on the side of the street. She only signed maybe 5 autographs but being a 5'10" blonde with long arms, I am usually lucky as I was that day. Love when celebrities take the time to acknowledge the fans!



No comments:

Post a Comment