Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ryan Gosling - 10/14/2010 - The Middle East - Cambridge, MA

Ever since I watched the Notebook for the first time, I have been in love with Ryan Gosling. Hearing him utter a few words like "if you're a bird, I'm a bird," made me seriously consider joining the avian species. So about a year ago, I heard that his band, "Dead Man's Bones" was coming to Massachusetts, more specifically, The Middle East in Cambridge. I thought that this would be an amazing chance for me to finally meet Noah. Not only was it a small venue but not many know that Ryan Gosling is musical or even has a band. It's not like the name of his band is Ryan Gosling and friends. I go to the show and watch him from a far as his hotness only increases--I am a sucker for musicians. Unfortunately, at the end of the show, he sticks around but in this blocked off area. I was determined, however, to meet him. So me and my two guy friends that I dragged along hang out at the bar upstairs keeping our eyes out for Mr. Gosling. Sure enough, about an hour or two of waiting around, we see him run up the stairs and run through the kitchen into the room next door. Sure enough, I have a surge of adrenaline and run right through the kitchen behind him. I first complimented him on his music. But I wanted to compliment him on a project that would make me stand out. I quickly recalled a movie that my boyfriend introduced me too called "The United States of Leland," staring the one and only Ryan Gosling. It is a really deep movie and somewhat disturbing but really good and really great acting. So I told him that it was one of my favorite movies and that he was amazing in it. He was quick to reply complete with that smirk I love so much, "Really? Thanks! I think you might have been the only person to see it." Success, not only did I compliment him on something unique but I got the smirk. Plus, I got a picture. Disclosure: I look like a deer in headlights. That said, I was in complete shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment